Are you too serious?
Ok, I just got this sent to me and had to post it — actually, I owe it to the world, Bill W. and Dr. Bob to post it… 😉
Are you too serious? Take these 12 steps…
1. We admitted that we were powerless over seriousness — that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that only by lightening up could we achieve a state of non-seriousness.
3. Made a decision to turn our constant self-criticism over to our sense of humour and learn to “lovingly and wholeheartedly” laugh at ourselves.
4. Decided to give ourselves a break once in a while, instead of constantly doing the searching and fearless moral inventories of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being that our wrongs were often in our heads.
6. Were entirely ready to accept that our characters were as good as anybody else’s and possibly better than most.
7. Quit harping on our shortcomings.
8. Made of a list of all persons we thought we had harmed and saw that they’d forgotten all the crap we’d blown out of proportion.
9. Quit making amends for breathing air and taking up a few square feet of the planet’s surface.
10. Resigned ourselves to the fact we were going to criticize ourselves at times but would try to stick to our guns when we knew we were right.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to calm down and realize we’re not responsible for everything.
12. Having experienced immense relief from these steps, we would try to carry this message to other over-serious people and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.